Each WAVE is planned and managed according to a sustainability principles to ensure social and environmental responsibility. To meet this goal, the organising team has implemented a series of actions in the following areas:
- Green office management
- Competition vehicles have a full electric motor
- Each team provides 100% renewable energy for their vehicle during WAVE
- A responsible code of conduct for all participants for the expedition
- A responsible guideline for event hosts and partners
- Carbon neutrality and offsetting of unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions
An impact statement will be published following the completion of the WAVE India.